Resources for Children and Adolescents
Childhood Anxiety: Practical Tips provides insights and strategies on how to help children struggling with anxiety.
Coaching for Confidence
Coaching for Confidence is a web-based program developed for parents of children with anxiety (aged 4-12) by researchers at the University of Manitoba. The self-help program shows parents how to help their children by learning about various topics and practice activities to overcome fears and worries. If you are interested in learning more about the program please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helping Your Anxious Child by Ronald M. Rapee, Susan H. Spence, Vanessa Cobham, and Ann Wignall
- The Shyness & Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens by Jennifer Shannon
- Freeing Your Child From Anxiety by T. Chansky
- What to do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner
- When My Worries Get Too Big by Kari Dunn Buron
- Anxiety and the Gift of Imagination by Robin Alter
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
- Playing with Anxiety: Casey's Guide For Teens and Kids by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
From Australia - available at Prairie Sky Books, Winnipeg
- The Secret Problem (OCD) by Weaver & Phillips
- The Panic Book (Panic Disorder) by Weaver & Phillips
- The School Wobblies (School Anxiety) by Weaver & Phillips
- Full of Beans (ADD) by Weaver & Phillips
- Too Blue (Depression) by Weaver & Phillips
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority - Central Intake for Children and Adolescents
- Referrals for anxiety treatment at Manitoba Adolescent Treatmeant Centre or Health Sciences Centre.
- There is no fee for this service
Manitoba Psychological Society
- Private Practice Psychologists - under Psychologists- Referral Directory - categories: Children + Anxiety Disorders.
- Fees will vary