Resources for Children and Adolescents
Childhood Anxiety: Practical Tips provides insights and strategies on how to help children struggling with anxiety.
- Helping Your Anxious Child by Ronald M. Rapee, Susan H. Spence, Vanessa Cobham, and Ann Wignall
- The Shyness & Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens by Jennifer Shannon
- Freeing Your Child From Anxiety by T. Chansky
- What to do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner
- When My Worries Get Too Big by Kari Dunn Buron
- Anxiety and the Gift of Imagination by Robin Alter
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
- Playing with Anxiety: Casey's Guide For Teens and Kids by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
From Australia - available at Prairie Sky Books, Winnipeg
- The Secret Problem (OCD) by Weaver & Phillips
- The Panic Book (Panic Disorder) by Weaver & Phillips
- The School Wobblies (School Anxiety) by Weaver & Phillips
- Full of Beans (ADD) by Weaver & Phillips
- Too Blue (Depression) by Weaver & Phillips
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority - Central Intake for Children and Adolescents
- Referrals for anxiety treatment at Manitoba Adolescent Treatmeant Centre or Health Sciences Centre.
- There is no fee for this service
Manitoba Psychological Society
- Private Practice Psychologists - under Find a Psychologists - categories: Children + Anxiety Disorders.
- Fees will vary