Mental Health Crisis Response Centre (CRC)
Address: 817 Bannatyne Avenue
- Walk-in services open 24 hours.
- Staffed by mental health professionals.
- Mobile Crisis Unit Tel: 204-940-1781
Klinic Community Health Centre
- 24-HOUR Telephone Services
Manitoba Suicide Line: 1-877-435-7170
Crisis Line: 204-786-8686 / Toll free 1-888-322-3019
Sexual Assault Crisis Line: (204) 786-8631 / Toll-free 1-888-292-7565
TTY Deaf Access Counselling: (204) 784-4097
Manitoba Farm & Rural Support Services: 1-866-367-3276
- Call for information about walk-in locations and times.
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line
- Available 24/7
Provides immediate, culturally competent, telephone crisis intervention counselling support for First Nations and Inuit, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Counsellors can also work with callers to identify follow-up services they can access. Counselling is available in English and French and, upon request, in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktut.
MKO Mobile Crisis Team
Tel: 1-844-927-LIFE (5433)
The Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) Mobile Crisis Response Team will provide holistic, culturally sensitive and safe Crisis Response Trauma Intervention to Manitoba’s First Nation communities.
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
- AFM provides Manitobans with a range of services and supports relating to alcohol, substance use and problem gambling. They offer help and support to adults, family, youth, employers, communities, and schools
Problem Gambling Helpline
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Institute of Manitoba
- Registered psychologists and associates.
- Check out their website which lists the therapists and their specialities.
- Day, evening and weekend appointments are available.
Manitoba Psychological Society
- Private Practice Psychologists - Lists clinicians in specific categories/speciality areas.
The Anxiety Disorders Clinic, St. Boniface Hospital
- Cognitive Behaviour Programs throughout the year for Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- Referrals from physician required.
U of M Psychological Service Centre
Website: U of M Psych Services
- New client intake in August for therapy in September.
- Counsellors are Masters & Ph.D. students of psychology, supervised by psychologists. No charge.
Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre
- Offers individual counselling and group services. Self-referral.
- One-time counselling for assessment, by appointment only.
- No charge. Waitlist 8-9 months.
Age & Opportunity Counselling Services (seniors, 55+)
- Social workers provide individual and group counselling for seniors, 55 plus.
- No charge. Waitlist 4 months.
- Provides counselling for individuals, couples, in-home family support, family education.
- Sliding scale fees, depending on family income.
Aulneau Renewal Centre
- Provides counselling for adults, couples, children and families
- Sliding scale fees
Aurora Family Therapy Centre
- Offers individual, couples, family therapy.
- Individual waitlist 6-8 weeks.
- September to June: walk-ins every other Friday.
The Laurel Centre
- Provides individual and group counselling for women and youth (16-24) who have experienced sexual abuse.
- No charge. Waitlist 1-2 years.
Recovery of Hope Counselling Services
- Individual, couples and family therapy. Day and evening appointments.
- Sliding scale fees. Waitlist 2-3 weeks.
Centre de Santé
- counselling for individuals, couples or families, perform assessments and provide coordination, guidance and case management services
- conduct education, prevention and health promotion sessions including CBT groups.
Elmwood Resource Community Centre
- Free crisis and long-term individual counselling sessions, Psycho-educational group /workshop sessions, trauma therapy and mental wellness.
Please note: There are many therapists in private practice who use CBT. This list is for your information only. ADAM does not endorse these counselling services.
Please contact your nearest ADAM office for referral to a therapist who practices CBT.