Mental Health Crisis Response Centre (CRC)
Address: 817 Bannatyne Avenue
- Walk-in services open 24 hours.
- Staffed by mental health professionals.
- Mobile Crisis Unit Tel: 204-940-1781
Klinic Community Health Centre
- 24-HOUR Telephone Services
Manitoba Suicide Line: 1-877-435-7170
Crisis Line: 204-786-8686 / Toll free 1-888-322-3019
Sexual Assault Crisis Line: (204) 786-8631 / Toll free 1-888-292-7565
TTY Deaf Access Counselling: (204) 784-4097
Manitoba Farm & Rural Support Services: 1-866-367-3276
- Call for information about walk-in locations and times.
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line
- Available 24/7
Provides immediate, culturally competent, telephone crisis intervention counselling support for First Nations and Inuit, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Counsellors can also work with callers to identify follow-up services they can access. Counselling is available in English and French and, upon request, in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktut.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Institute of Manitoba
- Registered psychologists and associates.
- Check out their website which lists the therapists and their specialties.
- Day, evening and weekend appointments are available.
Manitoba Psychological Society
- Private Practice Psychologists - Lists clinicians in specific categories/speciality areas.
- Publicly Funded Psychologists - Central Intake Tel: 204-787-7424.
The Anxiety Disorders Clinic, St. Boniface Hospital
- Cognitive Behaviour Programs throughout the year for Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- Referrals from physician required.
U of M Psychological Service Centre
Website: U of M Psych Services
- New client intake in August for therapy in September.
- Counsellors are Masters & Ph.D. students of psychology, supervised by psychologists. No charge.
Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre
- Offers individual counseling and group services. Self-referral.
- One-time counseling for assessment, by appointment only.
- No charge. Wait list 8-9 months.
Age & Opportunity Counselling Services (seniors, 55+)
- Social workers provide individual and group counselling for seniors, 55 plus.
- No charge. Wait list 4 months.
Family Dynamics (formerly Family Centre of Winnipeg)
- Provides counseling for individuals, couples, in-home family support, family education.
- Sliding scale fees, depending on family income.
Aulneau Renewal Centre
- Provides counseling for adults, couples, children and families
- Sliding scale fees
Aurora Family Therapy Centre
- Offers individual, couples, family therapy.
- Individual wait list 6-8 weeks.
- September to June: walk-ins every other Friday.
The Laurel Centre
- Provides individual and group counseling for women and youth (16-24) who have experienced sexual abuse.
- No charge. Wait list 1-2 years.
Recovery of Hope Counselling Services
- Individual, couples and family therapy. Day and evening appointments.
- Sliding scale fees. Wait list 2-3 weeks.
Centre de Santé
- counselling for individuals, couples or families, perform assessments, and provide coordination, guidance and case management services
- conduct education, prevention and health promotion sessions including CBT groups.
Please note: There are many therapists in private practice who use CBT. This list is for your information only. ADAM does not endorse these counseling services.
- This guide provides information on the many resources, services and supports available in Winnipeg as they relate to mental health.
Please contact your nearest ADAM office for referral to a therapist who practices CBT.